Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Poland Relocation: What to Do in Poland?

superschalk Wrote: Hey 262. Following your journey with great interest. I wish you good luck and hopefully you enjoy the country. As I understand you can survive on passive income. Do you have any ideas on how you will spend your time in Poland? I mean going to the gym and dating girls is great but this will not fill up the whole day. Are you planning to go out 4-5 times a week? If yes then you might sleep during the day but if not any ideas on how to spend your days?

Thanks superschalk. Aside from posting/reading the manosphere (used many a work hour doing this), lifting, dating, and sharing my experiences with my friends and family over social media (albeit for a blue-pill audience), my thoughts are:

1) Read more about Buddhism (guess I'm finding my parents' religion in the dotage of early my 30s, lol)
2) Figure out how to become a ski instructor, mostly just for fun, with some money on the side (I raced in college and actually passed through your Sofia for a day to check the place out - your post was useful)
3) Learn a certain sport I can only do in a few locations in Europe (again, repped members, PM me for details)
4) Look into offering personal finance or resume consultations, again, mostly just for fun, with some $ on the side
5) Learn to play guitar. Maybe join a band. I also play the violin well (typical Asian upbringing), so maybe join a quartet or orchestra.

And most importantly,
6) Think about other things to put on the bucket list (when I was working and blue-pill, I didn't even bother creating one, since I didn't even have time to create one, never mind do anything off of it)

Mr. Money Mustache also has some great posts about this subject:
"Great News – Early Retirement Doesn’t Mean You’ll Stop Working": http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2015/04/1...p-working/
"Reader Story: The Man Who Thought Early Retirement Sucked": http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/03/2...nt-sucked/

Update:
7) Learn another language (Polish while I'm here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment