Friday, October 24, 2014

Feminism: Nice Girls Finish Last Too

I remember in my blue-pill days going on a date with an attractive mid-twenties Chinese graduate student. She spoke unusually good English and was dressed quite well (by American standards), pairing a classy set of black heels with a respectable black dress. Oddly enough, she played no games either. In fact, she just cut straight to the chase and asked if I wanted to catch a movie with her. I agreed, since at the time I didn't know a movie date was the worst way to get to know someone. I expected to pay for her ticket, but she was unusually resourceful and paid for her own ticket, since she had done the research necessary to get them for free as a student. After the movie, we went to get drinks and an appetizer, where we had some good conversation (that I can't remember now) before I dropped her off at her house.

Overall, the date went well, according to my blue-pill standards then.

She must have thought the same too, since a few days later, she asked for another date.

At this point, I began to think this was too good to be true. "Women are supposed to be difficult," I thought. "She's too nice ... She must have some ulterior motive ... Ah, she must want a green card!" (Despite me knowing many Chinese students from my student days going back to China because there were more opportunities for them there). Even if she was a US citizen, my brain probably would've cooked up a similarly unfounded explanation ("She must have a kid or two" comes to mind).

So I broke it off with her and never saw her again.

Looking back at it now, I realize how blue-pill brainwashed I was. I rejected a girl for being too nice! And it's not like I was going to marry her the next day. I didn't even give her a chance!

Of course I can't go back and change the past - so there's no use regretting anything - but I can learn and apply in the future:

If a girl seems to like you, see if it's true, and reward truly good behavior. Don't think you can overcome bad behavior with positive feedback - you're just rewarding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment