Wednesday, September 3, 2014

An Abundance of Girls: Grappling With The Idea

When I woke up this morning in Makati, my first thought was, "holy cow, girls want me here." Granted, I'm only seeing the tip of the iceberg - I haven't even touched it yet - but now I'm confronted with a new question: what would I want with these girls if I lived here? Should I bang the hot ones and then wife up a nice one? Or should my project be to wife up the best one?

The idea of an abundance of girls didn't truly cross my mind in America. Granted, I'd put in enough work at daygame - basically taking it as a part-time job - where I knew if I put in enough effort, I could at least get first dates. So I had some abundance, albeit with a part-time job's effort. In contrast, here in Makati, I can already foresee relatively more abundance, even with my half-assed online dating, and simple recognition of IOIs on the street.

But the new question still stands - sow your wild oats, or sow your best oats? Part of me is thinking that my beta programming is running interference. However, another part of me is looking at the experiences of men who've gone down the hedonistic path - Roosh and Krauser come to mind - and seeing the boredom that eventually develops. Perhaps when you're relatively starving, as most men are in the West, including myself, the idea of a buffet seems like heaven. But once you have the resources to afford what you want, you choose to consume for the benefit of other projects in your life, rather than gorging yourself on buffets until you're bored, simply because they're there.

The project of a family definitely appeals to me, but I know it comes at the steep cost of freedom. The thing is though, I'm doing much less with that freedom in my 30's than in my 20's, when it was new to me. Traveling, skiing, eating out - I still enjoy these things, but not nearly as much as I used to. Damn hedonistic adaptation! But I'm definitely grateful for those experiences and for those who enabled them (I've heard that actively being thankful for what you already have is the best way to fight hedonistic adaptation, but I really need to do it more.)

What I know for sure is that the project of a family has to be approached carefully. Last thing I want to do is be the typical starving Western male, and rush into creating a family, while being blind to my options and the red flags I should be looking for. On those options, I've already got time blocked on the calendar to visit South America (likely Columbia) and Eastern Europe (likely Sofia, Bulgaria, and Kiev, Ukraine). I would've visited Vladivostok on this Manila trip if I'd had the foresight to get the Russian visa, but I'll get that on the calendar as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment