Sunday, January 3, 2016

Don't Worry If You Don't Know What You'll Do When You Retire

Are you working a regular, 9 to 5 job? How much free time do you have?

Probably not enough.

And definitely not enough to stop and consider what you really want out of life.

That's a revelation I had when I had to answer the same question anyone who retires early gets - "what are you doing with all that free time?"

Solidifying what I want out of life.

Now I know what you're thinking. "But you can do that while you're working too. It doesn't take that much time."

Except I've been there. I've worked a full-time job, ran Game like a part-time job, lifted, ran my errands, and hung out with my friends, leading quite the busy life. There just isn't enough downtime in that to force you to question your existence.

So, don't worry if you don't know what you'll do when you retire. You'll have plenty of time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment